At 4:28 PM +0100 2/4/04, Leopold Toetsch wrote:
Dan Sugalski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Okay, here's a quick scoop and status.

 *) I'd like to shoot for a Feb 14th release. Names wanted. (I'm
 partial to the bleeding heart release, but not that partial)

I had planned towards Feb 29th. A nice dated too this year.

Works for me.

> *) Namespaces are going to use the:

> find_global Px, [key; key; key], final_name_string

> format. I may add in a dummy:

> find_global Px, Pn[key], final_name

I'd add some syntax additions and some notes:

- Pn above is a NameSpace PMC, derived from Hash

The problem there is that there's just no point, really. Might as well not bother with find_global and just use normal hash access. Arguably that's what we ought to do, I suppose, but things are sufficiently different that I'd as soon not. (That and it's an otherwise useless parameter in most cases, which fluffs up the instruction stream)

> *) Just constant keys for names right now. We'll work on dynamic keys
later, if we don't already have 'em in.

Dynamic keys are (still) working ;)

I thought so, but I wasn't sure.

> *) I like Tim's namespace idea (prepending the language) and we'll
put that in, though probably for the next release.

That's not really difficult, if the namespace PMC handles above directory-like traversal keys.

Oh, it's going to have to. The namespace stuff's going to have to be annoyingly complex, unfortunately.
--
Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk