Hello,

I'm looking for a perl testing tool that check a whole directory of HTML
files to see if the are valid HTML. The ideal tool would also be able to
check dynamically generated web pages. There seem to be a few options that
I've found so far, but none of them are ideal:

- HTML::Lint - nice Perl interface, but doesn't seem to support XHTML,
  which is what I need.

- WebService::Validator::HTML::W3C - I like this module because it
  intefaces with the W3C validator, the de-facto standard. I even set up
  an instance of their validator  on my own web server, for high volume
  use. Still, the module current fails because it only accepts
  URIs to validate. So, it seems challenging to generate some dynamic
  content, /and then/ have it validated.

  It generally seems like a like a kludgy solution to have make a call
  to a web service to validate a page. A great solution seems to be a
  refactoring of the W3C's 'check' script in Perl modules.

- 'tidy'. I even tried writing a wrapper to call this binary. It seems
  to be more focused on fixing HTML than validating, and didn't give
  useful output.

How are other people integrating HTML validation into their work flow?
I want a solution that's easy so it actually gets used. :)

Thanks!

        Mark

   Mark Stosberg            Principal Developer
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]     Summersault, LLC
   765-939-9301 ext 202     database driven websites
 . . . . . http://www.summersault.com/ . . . . . . . .