At 10:38 AM +0000 3/5/04, Rafael Garcia-Suarez wrote:
Jerome Quelin wrote in perl.perl6.internals :

But what should those addresses do when receiving a message? - parrotbug: should open a RT ticket? - status-ok: ? - status-nok: should open a RT ticket?

Excuse me from stepping in, but I don't see why three adresses are necessary. From my (limited) knowledge of RT, I thing that the parrot bug address could create a ticket in the parrot queue, or add the mail body to the appropriate ticket if the subject contains "[perl #XXXXX]" -- then, it could close the ticket automatically if the subject matches an OK report.

The big reason is to potentially reduce the load on the receiving end of things. The OK and NOK messages may or may not go into an RT ticket--it's perfectly reasonable to have them go to a custom front end processor that picks out just the interesting bits, logs them, and tosses the mail. (Tossing any mail that doesn't meet the criteria we need) Mail to the bug address, OTOH, should open a ticket, which means a lot more front-end processing, despamming, virus checking, and whatnot.

Not that this *has* to be the way things are done, just that if we split it out it *can* be done that way. Robert and Ask can direct all three addresses to the same spot if they want. With the split they just have more options available.
--
Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk