Nicholas Clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If parrot's garbage collector is changed from the default (compacting, IIRC)
> to the either libc or malloc, then ponie only fails 6 tests.

> As I understand it parrot's default garbage collector will move data blocks
> owned by PMCs. However, all of the PMCs ponie generates do not have gc-owned
> data attached to them, so there should be no difference.

Sure?
No PerlHash, PerlArray, PerlString?
No pointers to string's data?
All PMCs are anchored properly?

Anyway, to sort out this kind of bugs please provide for ponie two
command line options with these equivalents in imcc/main.c:

    "    -G --no-gc\n"
    "       --gc-debug\n"

Please UTSL for details. The first turns off DOD & GC, the second enables
a switch GC_DEBUG (for which there is an envirnonment setting too:

    if (is_env_var_set("PARROT_GC_DEBUG"))

Turning off DOD/GC normally shows, if the error is related to that.
Turning on GC_DEBUG does more DODs, e.g. in each string_compare that is
anywhere, where a hash is searched for example.

leo