Oli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> But, even if we stop everything until all objects got their attribute
> list updated, any offsets previously obtained via C<classoffset> may
> still be bogus afterwards. And there is no way for the code that holds
> the offset to know that either.

Good point. It seems that after adding attributes to classes with
instantiated objects, attribute access can only be done by attribute
names with the current scheme. So if a class isn't marked final,
attribute access is named only.

> Maybe we should provide a version of C<getattribute> that takes relative
> offset and the class name/PMC and then make that operation atomic?

When the classoffset is relative the lookup is as expensive as with
attribute names (I estimate - the cost of a hash lookup), that's the
price of it.

leo