thanks all for the clarifications...

> > and they aren't listed in > ops.num yet,
>
> They are listed in ops.num #1374 - #1385 since quite a time.

this morning i performed a 'cvs co parrot' and ran make (win32 - msvc,)
which generated the following information, leading to my statement above:

        cl -nologo -Gf -W3 -MD -Zi -DNDEBUG -DWIN32 -D_CONSOLE -DNO_STRICT
-ZI -I./include -DHAS_JIT -DI386 xx.obj -c xx.c
                D:\usr\local\perl580\bin\perl.exe build_tools\ops2pm.pl
ops/core.ops ops/bit.ops ops/cmp.ops ops/debug.ops ops/dotgnu.ops ops/io.ops
ops/math.ops ops/object.ops ops/pmc.ops ops/rx.ops ops/set.ops ops/stack.ops
ops/string.ops ops/sys.ops ops/var.ops
        addparent_p_p   1364    not mentioned in ops.num
        removeparent_p_p        1365    not mentioned in ops.num
        addattribute_p_s_s      1366    not mentioned in ops.num
        addattribute_p_sc_s     1367    not mentioned in ops.num
        addattribute_p_s_sc     1368    not mentioned in ops.num
        addattribute_p_sc_sc    1369    not mentioned in ops.num
        store_global_s_s_p      1370    not mentioned in ops.num
        store_global_sc_s_p     1371    not mentioned in ops.num
        store_global_s_sc_p     1372    not mentioned in ops.num
        store_global_sc_sc_p    1373    not mentioned in ops.num
        store_global_p_s_p      1374    not mentioned in ops.num
        store_global_p_sc_p     1375    not mentioned in ops.num
        find_global_p_s_s       1376    not mentioned in ops.num
        find_global_p_sc_s      1377    not mentioned in ops.num
        find_global_p_s_sc      1378    not mentioned in ops.num
        find_global_p_sc_sc     1379    not mentioned in ops.num
        find_global_p_p_s       1380    not mentioned in ops.num
        find_global_p_p_sc      1381    not mentioned in ops.num
                D:\usr\local\perl580\bin\perl.exe build_tools\ops2c.pl C
--core
                D:\usr\local\perl580\bin\perl.exe build_tools\ops2c.pl
CPrederef --core
                D:\usr\local\perl580\bin\perl.exe build_tools\ops2c.pl
CSwitch --core

i'm probably reading that wrong, but i figured that meant find_global and
store_global weren't in ops.num. now that i look in ops.num, i see

        find_global_p_s 1235
        find_global_p_sc        1236

but some ops do indeed seem to be missing.

if putting them in is as easy as

running patch against ops/ops.num with:
1391,1409d1390
< addparent_p_p           1364
< removeparent_p_p        1365
< addattribute_p_s_s      1366
< addattribute_p_sc_s     1367
< addattribute_p_s_sc     1368
< addattribute_p_sc_sc    1369
< store_global_s_s_p      1370
< store_global_sc_s_p     1371
< store_global_s_sc_p     1372
< store_global_sc_sc_p    1373
< store_global_p_s_p      1374
< store_global_p_sc_p     1375
< find_global_p_s_s       1376
< find_global_p_sc_s      1377
< find_global_p_s_sc      1378
< find_global_p_sc_sc     1379
< find_global_p_p_s       1380
< find_global_p_p_sc      1381

then please consider converting this to a proper patch and applying it. i'm
having a little trouble right now at the moment with my wincvs install, so i
can't get this formatted in the preferred diff format.

i hope this helps.

--jerry

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain privileged or
confidential information. It is solely for use by the individual for whom
it is intended, even if addressed incorrectly. If you received this e-mail
in error, please notify the sender; do not disclose, copy, distribute, or
take any action in reliance on the contents of this information; and delete
it from your system. Any other use of this e-mail is prohibited. Thank you
for your compliance.