And while it helps... it doesn't help enough. Objects are now a bare PMC array, nice and simple. (In fact, back to the original PMC array implementation almost. Go figure) This speeds up object creation rather a bit, and with an --optimize build we only get beaten a lot by perl 5 and python on the oo tests, rather than a huge amount. I suppose anything's better than nothing, but...

Looks like it may be time to investigate things further. A method cache is probably the next thing in line to do.
--
Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk