That's all fine and good, and the generic method cache will help here. However... we can do better. What I'm thinking of is caching the actual found method PMC pointer in the class somewhere (hanging off the vtable or in the class' attributes or something) such that we don't actually have to *do* any method lookups. With the method PMC directly cached, we just call the darned thing and are done with it. No lookups at all, something definitely faster than actually looking anything up.

How do you handle the threaded case with two private objects and runtime method overloading?

-Sterling