At 1:24 PM -0600 4/6/04, Luke Palmer wrote:
Dan Sugalski writes:
 I'm OK with moving the return continuation out of P1 and into
 somewhere else--I can even see throwing it on the control stack. (Or
 a special register, I can live with that as well)

I'd like to express my vote of confidence for an RC register, which is put in the context structure. Piers has made it clear that P1 needs special handling, and I'd rather have special handling in a special register.

It'd probably make caller and other forms of stack walking easier too, if we do Interesting Things with it, as we'd just walk the chain of continuations back. Hrm.

Okay, it's still early in the week, so I'm not feeling the pressure to Just Make A Decision. Discussion for and against is, I think, warranted before we change, yet again, the calling conventions. :) (Though in this case it can be supplemental, leaving the retcont in P1 as a convenience)
--
Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk