On Tue, Apr 13, 2004 at 02:27:08PM +0200, Juerd wrote:
> David Cantrell skribis 2004-04-13 13:16 (+0100):
> > Perl 6, we are promised, will try to run "legacy" code unchanged.  How
> > will it spot such legacy code?  Doing this reliably is a hard problem,
> > but we can make it easier.  I suggest that people put:
> >   use perl5;
> Why change what already works?
>     use 5;
>     no 6;

But "no VERSION" does not work, at least in 5.8.3:

  [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ cat foo
  use 5;
  no 6;
  print "version 5, not version 6\n";
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ perl foo
  syntax error at foo line 2, near "no 6;"
  Execution of foo aborted due to compilation errors.

and my discussion with Nicholas didn't lead me to believe that it would
work in the upcoming 5.8.4 either.

  All principles of gravity are negated by fear
                                            -- Cartoon Law V