Larry Wall wrote:
On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 09:47:04AM +0100, Matthew Walton wrote:
: For some reason, lots of people don't like it when indentation is : what's controlling their code structure...

Indentation is a wonderful form of commentary from programmer to
programmer, but its symbology is largely wasted on the computer.
We don't tell poets how to format their poetry.

When you put it like that, I'm almost converted. My favourite language that does indentation as syntax is Haskell - where it's optional, so I'm not really all that passionate about it. I just don't mind it.