Dan Sugalski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm up for the mmd-variant version. We just have a one-dimensional
> table for PMC/int, PMC/float, and PMC/string functions and have the
> ops directly dispatch to it. Seems simpler than stuffing the
> functions into the base MMD table too.

We currently have left type only dispatch as a default for a
non-existent right type, this is in type slot 0.

What about this:
- assign fix class enums (we need that anyway for PBC consistency)
- assign class enums 1..3 to utility PMCs like Env that don't do MMD
- use these 3 type slots in the one and only MMD table for int, float,
  string

leo