Leopold Toetsch wrote:
I think, we have to split the main MANIFEST a bit into:
- core
- ICU
- languages

Why?
- cvs updates that hit MANIFEST take really long and are likely to collide
- language maintainers, who only have privs for their language directory, should be able to do *all* needed changes

Other things that reside outside of our directory:

o dynclasses (Tcl), classes (Perl 6), tests for same.
o makefiles (./config/gen)

Thanks!

- we might provide 2 shipping versions: one that uses a system ICU and one with icu. The former won't have any icu files in MANIFEST. Also checking out and creating a version w/o icu should be possible.

So we'll need some way of combining a few MANIFEST files into one or another scheme that works for the tools that now refer to MANIFEST.

leo