At 10:09 AM -0700 5/11/04, chromatic wrote:
On Tue, 2004-05-11 at 09:44, Dan Sugalski wrote:

 Thinking we might want:

     waitall Parray_of_events
     waitany Parray_of_events

?

I certainly do!

Fair enough.

I'm also curious how to write an interface to an existing event system.
Being able to write it all in PASM is a bonus.

I don't think it can be all-PASM, except maybe (and maybe not...) with a separate thread for the existing event source. To do it in all pasm means calling back into parrot from interrupt level, which isn't really doable, or have a thread just waiting on events from the alternate event system to post into the parrot event queue.

Which, I suppose, is doable, though there are still those pesky interrupt-level limitations pontentially in there. We'll need to get shared-pool threads working better before we can really take a shot at it.
--
Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk