I LOVE IT: "PARrot Container for Event Lobbing!!!"

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Wardley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, May 14, 2004 7:36 AM
To: Butler, Gerald
Cc: 'Gordon Henriksen'; '[EMAIL PROTECTED]';
'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Re: Events (I think we need a new name) - Parcel?

Butler, Gerald wrote:
> How about: "tocsin"

[...thinking out loud...]

I'm not sure it's a good idea to use an obscure word, even if it is
appropriate to the usage.  It should be a word that the average user
would recognise, and hopefully be able to intuit some sense of what it
does.

How about "Parcel"?

Like "Packet" and "Message" it provides a sense of what it is doing.
The metaphor extends to sending and receiving parcels, wrapping and
unwrapping them, and so on.

On a more trivial note, the first three letters make it a prime
candidate for a corny acronym:

   PARrot Communication Event Layer
   PARrot Container for Event Lobbing
   PARrot Commissioner for Event Liaison

 The information contained in this e-mail message is privileged and/or
 confidential and is intended only for the use of the individual or entity
 named above.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
 or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended
 copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received
 this communication in error, please immediately notify us by telephone
 (330-668-5000), and destroy the original message.  Thank you.