Ron Blaschke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> After, so I already got the interpreter.str file.  I guess VC gets confused
> with the _CONST_STRING(i, __LINE__) thingy, where __LINE__ doesn't get
> expanded, and the whole results in _CONST_STRING_ instead of
> _CONST_STRING_1309, etc.

> Now, here comes the weird stuff: If I ask only for the preprocessed source
> (add option /E to CFLAGS, then "nmake src\interpreter.obj"), this (from
> interpreter.c)

> gets expanded to
>     sc = (interpreter)->const_cstring_table[1];

Yep, it should look like that. It's of course strange that during normal
compile this seems not be expanded like with /E.

We could use an alternate scheme with stringifications. With a small
drawback that it's unusable, if the string isn't and identifier token.

Above define would then be

  #define CONST_STRING__interpreter 1

BTW: .c.str: is now really fixed.

> Ron