At 9:34 PM -0400 4/25/04, Bryan C. Warnock wrote:
On Sun, 2004-04-25 at 16:34, Dan Sugalski wrote:
 Just a heads up, there are two things that have been pointed out.

 First, the transset op is transcharset. The abbreviation was a bit sloppy.

 Second, in spots where "character" is used, substitute "grapheme", as
 I'm going to. Noting, of course, that a grapheme is *not* a glyph.
 Glyphs are display things that we're staying very very (very!) far
 away from. The change'll go into the op names--getglyph instead of
 getcharacter and suchlike things.

 Hopefully using a different word'll help people remember that
 glyph!=codepoint, though we'll see how well that one works.

I don't understand. Substitute grapheme for character, as you're staying away from glyphs, but "getglyph" for "getcharacter"?

Gah. And that sound is the sound of me banging my head agains the wall because I'm an idiot. It's grapheme, everywhere.

And what about codepoints that *are* glyphs and/but aren't graphemes?

Where do we have those? (I'm getting tempted instead to just call them fred--it'll at least avoid some of this confusion...)
--
Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk