Dan Sugalski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> At 3:55 PM +0200 4/29/04, Leopold Toetsch wrote:
>>
>>Another long running discussion: do we need duplicate mmd tables.

> Dunno. Don't care, really--I was throwing in two tables as
> proof-of-concept just to get things going.

As there can be just one entry for a (func, left, right) triple we don't
need two tables. This all simplifies ...

> ... We also don't need full
> tables either--there are a number of games we can play to compact the
> tables a lot.

... such compression too. Only one table to work on. The table lookup is
simpler too.

BTW: which of these opcodes:

ops/object.ops:=item B<makemmd>(in PMC, in INT)
ops/object.ops:=item B<mmdfunc>(in INT, in PMC, in PMC, in PMC)
ops/object.ops:=item B<mmddispatch>(out PMC, in INT, in PMC, in PMC)
ops/pmc.ops:=item B<mmdvtregister>(in INT, in INT, in INT, in PMC)
ops/pmc.ops:=item B<mmdvtfind>(out PMC, in INT, in INT, in INT)

should actually be implemented? Seems to exist some redundancy ;)

leo