On Monday 17 May 2004 19:55, ibotty wrote:
> J> Either use --save as a command-line flag, or you will be prompted
> for an
> > action if you don't supply one of --send, --save, --dump.
> > I you chose to save to a file, either provide a filename with
> > --output (or -o or --output-file), or you will be prompted for one.
> ?? why not stdout?

Because this is dump-ing. Arguably, purists will tell that stdout is as
valid a filehandle than a real file, and thus, dump-ing is save-ing on
stdout... But I find it easier to run this way. Oh, and I mimic perlbug
on this, too.

> (maybe stdout should be the default, if no --send|--save|--dump is
> provided. otherwise --save w/o -o should direct to stdout)

If no action is specified, the program keeps the same behavior than what
is done for other non-provided options: it prompts the user. Seems
logical to me.

Jerome
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]