Dan Sugalski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If we do that it means every PMC class is essentially a base type as
> far as Parrot's concerned.

Basically yes. We just borrow some functions from parents to avoid
reimplementation and to reduce code size. I don't think that we need
much more inside the core classes. We could save some more code with a
bit of MI but I dont't think that it's worth the effort.

BTW: the current "class" hierarchy can always be obtained by:

$ perl classes/pmc2c2.pl --tree classes/*.pmc

> Which, on reflection, I'm just fine with. So let's do that. I'll
> patch up the float and integer classes while I'm at it too.

These two classes could inherit from C<scalar> now, which implements a
lot of basic functionality. C<mmd_default.pmc> can be tossed already
AFAIK.

Then we can start figuring out how to calculate object MMD distances and
how to properly dispatch delegate.pmc :)

leo