but now i have this issue: I'm coding on Windows, there's already two unicode compliant monospace fonts: Lucida Console and Courier New. And I do not like both of them, (f.e. in Courier "{" and "(" looks almost the same, and lucida has too crude letters). Until now I used to use Fixedsys (which can display « ± ¦ », but not ¥, for example)
So I have a question - does anyone know the place where I can get free monospace unicode font for windows, good for programming?

Have you tried Andale Mono (from Microsoft's Core Fonts for the Web, corefonts.sourceforge.net) or Bitstream Vera Sans Mono (available from I think the FSF)?