I don't know if this is already provided by current specifications, but
since I know of Perl6 that is will support quite a powerful system of
function prototyping ("signatures"?), I wonder wether it will be possible
to specify a (finite number of) argument(s) on the left of functions, thus
allowing to create user-defined operators. I had tried sml (a functional
language) and despite its being really simple if compared to Perl, it
provided this functionality...

Michele
--
Dante, _The Inferno_, in particular the line about, ``Abandon all hope ye who
enter here.''