Dan Sugalski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> And I'm now thinking that we want to do mmd for assignment. Dammit. :(

Don't think so. We need, ehem, probably, set_complex, get_complex and so
on vtables. Complex is a basic type like integer, number, or bignum.

def main():
        i = complex(2 + 1j)
        print i

>>> dis(im.main)
  2           0 LOAD_GLOBAL              0 (complex)
              3 LOAD_CONST               1 (2)
              6 LOAD_CONST               2 (1j)
              9 BINARY_ADD
             10 CALL_FUNCTION            1

MMD does the math then automatically, if the proper slots are filled.
Happily, the tests don't use complex very often. It's just:

>                                       Dan

leo