# New Ticket Created by  Nicholas Clark
# Please include the string:  [perl #30662]

---
osname= darwin
osvers= 7.0
arch=   darwin-thread-multi-2level
cc=     cc
---
Flags:
    category=core
    severity=medium
    ack=no
---
If I build with --gc=libc on OS X I see test 2 of t/op/interp.t failing.

The pasm is

        printerr "ok 1\n"
        set I0, 1
        trace I0
        printerr "ok 2\n"
        dec I0
        trace I0
        printerr "ok 3\n"
        end

and the output I see here is

ok 1
     7 printerr "ok 2\n"
ok 2
     9 dec I0   - I0=1
       DOD
    11 trace I0         - I0=0
ok 3

This fails the test because of the unexpected extra line "       DOD"

That line appears to be printed by this clause in runops_cores.c:

            if (dod != interpreter->dod_runs) {
                dod = interpreter->dod_runs;
                PIO_eprintf(interpreter, "       DOD\n");
            }

Am I right in thinking that with trace of 1, it's perfectly acceptable for
the core to print this DOD message, and therefore that the test is wrong
in its expectations? ie it's regexp of expected output needs changing to
accept the "DOD" line (and/or a "GC" line) between any pair of regular output
lines?

(I don't see this for the same configuration on x86 Linux)

Nicholas Clark
---
Summary of my parrot 0.1.0 configuration:
  configdate='Fri Jul  9 18:47:31 2004'
  Platform:
    osname=darwin, archname=darwin-2level
    jitcapable=1, jitarchname=ppc-darwin,
    jitosname=DARWIN, jitcpuarch=ppc
    execcapable=1
    perl=/Users/nick/Sandpit/maint/bin/perl5.8.3
  Compiler:
    cc='ccache gcc', ccflags='-pipe -fno-common -no-cpp-precomp  -pipe -fno-common
-Wno-long-double ',
  Linker and Libraries:
    ld='env MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.3 cc', ldflags=' -flat_namespace ',
    cc_ldflags='',
    libs='-lm'
  Dynamic Linking:
    so='.dylib', ld_shared=' -bundle -undefined dynamic_lookup',
    ld_shared_flags=''
  Types:
    iv=long, intvalsize=4, intsize=4, opcode_t=long, opcode_t_size=4,
    ptrsize=4, ptr_alignment=4 byteorder=4321,
    nv=double, numvalsize=8, doublesize=8

---
Environment:
    DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH    HOME    LANG    LANGUAGE    LD_LIBRARY_PATH    LOGDIR    PATH
   PERL5LIB    SHELL