Here are regenerated number_?.pbc files for the t/native_pbc/number.t,
plus a couple of tweaks I found on the way in Tru64 and IRIX/64.

I still have test failures in both those two and in IRIX there a is a
lot of "fun" getting the compiler selected right (even in 64-bit IRIX
there are both 32 and 64-bit compilers and object files, pain...) but
I managed to get parrot to link and to generate the pbc files.  No time
to resolve those failures now, I am afraid.

Also, to generate the number_2.pbc I had to compile a new uselongdouble
Perl in Linux and in there I had to #if 0 the below in src/platform.c to
get parrot linked, both those asserts were failing at some point or another.

static void*
Parrot_memcpy_aligned_mmx_debug(void* d, void* s, size_t l)
{
    assert( (l & 0xf) == 0);
#if 0
    assert( ((unsigned long) d & 7) == 0);
    assert( ((unsigned long) s & 7) == 0);
#endif
    return
((Parrot_memcpy_aligned_mmx_t)(Parrot_memcpy_aligned_mmx_code))(d, s, l);
}

Quite a lot of failures from this longdouble parrot (no wonder, after
disabling two asserts), but at least it was able to generate a pbc that
the other platforms are able to understand.  The box has an AMD Duron,
that's about all I know about it.

--
Jarkko Hietaniemi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> http://www.iki.fi/jhi/ "There is this special