On Sat, Jul 10, 2004 at 03:35:52PM -0400, Robert Rothenberg wrote:
> I am looking for information on CPAN module dependencies.  Specifically,
> does somebody maintain and regularly update such a list?
>
> The reason is that I would like to integreate this with testing information
> from the CPAN Testers.  So if I find that there are no testing results for
> platform 'x' for a specific module, I can check to see if one of the
> dependent modules fail on that platform.

Most modules now have a META.yml file which contains (amongst other things)
module dependency information.  Simplest thing to do would be to make a
local miniCPAN mirror [1] and walk through the archive files [2] in
modules/02packages.details.txt looking for META.yml.

[1]  http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/LinuxMag/col42.html
[2]  Archive::Any will come in handy

--
Michael G Schwern        [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
the chair. it wants to die. oh no! she sees me! she attacks!