At 11:24 AM -0700 8/13/04, Michel Pelletier wrote:
I've been developing Parakeet on a month old Parrot build, so today I
decided to update to a recent checkout, and Parakeet broke two ways.

The first is multi-inheritance stopped working, but that's not as big a
deal as the new problem.

Gack -- it's a very big deal, and the test suite should've picked that up. D'you have a code snippet that demonstrates it, so we can fix the problem and get a test to help keep it happening in the future?

Print a prompt, read a line, print the line, print the prompt, a
simplification of Parakeet's interpreter loop.  it works on a month old
parrot checkout just fine, but on a checkout done this afternoon it
prints the prompt *after* it reads the line.

This one looks like an autoflush problem. I don't think we've ever formally defined what happens when you don't set the autoflush properties of filehandles,and I think some of Leo's IO optimizations for the piethon are causing a problem here. Doesn't look like we've defined how to set autoflushing for filehandles, so we'd best go do that.

--
                                Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk