On Aug 19, 2004, at 9:41 AM, Matt Diephouse wrote:

    If the parameter does not exist at all, then param() will return
    undef in a scalar context, and the empty list in a list context.

Sure enough. And I've even read a large percentage of the (unwieldy) CGI.pm docs. But I was using C<param> as an example. The behavior would exist with any subroutine that used C<return;>.

It would be nice if Perl thought that => was scalar context for the expression that follows it. But then it wouldn't be just like a comma, would it?

Regards,

David