On 8/20/04 5:30 PM, Austin Hastings wrote:
> How about "scalar"? The fact that one person, one time, came up with a
> need to invoke it doesn't mean we have to race it up the huffman tree.
> P6 is winning the DWIM race most of the time contextually. Maybe [#] as
> a macro, if you like.

Yeah, that's my feeling too.  I was going to suggest "sc", but I don't think
having to writ out "scalar" is too much of a hardship.  I think the drive
for a single-char version is driven more by symmetry than expected usage
frequency.

(I also think S is ugly and _ looks like a typo in many situations)
-John