I was thinking about the case where you use a module, only to define a
class that you then instantiate like this:

        use Some::Module::That::Defines::A::Class;
        our Some::Module::That::Defines::A::Class $foo := new;

and I keep thinking that that's too redundant. It's not so much that I
want to syntax-golf it down, but there's just no reason to throw that
type around twice, when what you really WANT to say is "that module over
there is a class, instantiate me one."

So, I was wondering about a synonym, like:

        uses Some::Module::That::Defines::A::Class $foo;

This would be handy to have for those lengthy setups of all of the
objects you have to have lying around:

        uses CGI $cgi :threaded :persistent;
        uses Apache $server;
        uses MLDBM $shared_data :file('/var/www/cache/cgi-shared-data');
        uses IO::CGI $input :cgi($cgi);
        uses MIME::Entity $message :input($input);
        ...etc...

--
â 781-324-3772
â [EMAIL PROTECTED]