At 4:11 PM -0400 8/25/04, Jeff Horwitz wrote:
kevin falcone gave a short mod_parrot talk at YAPC this year.  does he
want to lay some claim to it?  i'd be willing to pick it up if nobody else
speaks up -- a decision i'm sure to regret...  ;-)

I caught up with Kevin on irc (#parrot on irc.perl.org, for anyone who cares :) and he lacks the tuits to do anything with it.

on a related note, last year i wrote extproc_parrot, which lets you call
parrot bytecode as an oracle stored procedure.  this was a proof of
concept to show that to show that extproc_perl (stored procedures in perl)
would be able to support perl 6 when it became available.  it worked, but
the embedding interface was too immature to do much else than a simple
"Hello world" example.

based on what you're saying here, i plan on picking this up again.  i
imagine the work will be quite similar to mod_parrot.

Yep, I expect there will be a massive amount of overlap. This could be interesting... :)