Dan Sugalski wrote:

There are two simple answers here (the proposal for the change in the way interpreter context structs are handled isn't it -- we'll have the same problem because we'll still have backing stacks).

No. As layed out my scheme doesn't need any register backing stacks.

... Either get COW working on the backing stacks as it ought, or switch to a one-frame-per-chunk scheme. Both will work out just fine.

Err. Ehem. We already switched to an one-frame-per-chunk scheme. Stacks aren't COWed anymore since quite a time[1]. See e.g. Perl 6 Summary posted on Mar 29th: "Dan ... made the decision to switch to single item per frame, immutable, non COW stacks. Leo implemented it."
This was the outcome of a longer discussion, where Piers had troubles with continuations.

COWed stacks wouldn't help, AFAIK, anyway. The problem is the invalid context the continuation is holding.

Please reread & rethink the problem.

[1] end of March

leo