On Fri, 17 Sep 2004, Larry Wall wrote:

with a named abstraction is not terribly useful.  The "whichness"
of C<?> happens subconsciously, whereas having a named hash forces

As I said in my other mail, the more I think of this the more it seems to me to be reasonable and even "natural". It's "which?-ness", though! ;-)

Michele --
I hold a square measuring 10x10 metres away from a person who is standing
100 metres away.
I ask them to shoot the square with a high-accuracy gun.
Don't stand there holding the square when they are shooting...
- Robert Israel in sci.math, "Re: Scaling"