Edward Peschko wrote:
yes, i see this is cool. I'd just hope that there would be an equivalent set of rules that matches the entire regular expression engine, and distributed with
the 'standard' perl6 distribution if there is such a thing.. And that there isn't
too much of a performance hit in the case of extreme recursion.
Interesting that this should be mentioned in the perl6-compiler list. We're already planning on doing this -- the rules parser will be written as a (set of) rule(s), and callable as a rule. That means that you don't have to re-implement the parser -- the compile-time stuff. You do have to re-implement the runtime stuff, but that's largely the nature of the beast -- your runtime will be very different anyway, I should think.

-=- James Mastros