* if there is a snprintf() PARROT_HAS_SNPRINTF gets defined [1]
* if it's C99 compliant, PARROT_HAS_C99_SNPRINTF is defined too
* if it returns -1, PARROT_HAS_OLD_SNPRINTF is defined

* src/spf_render.c did check for HAS_SNPRINTF which is neither tested nor defined
* I don't know, if we have platforms w/o that function, so please run once:

perl Configure.pl --verbose-step=snprintf

If we have platforms w/o snprintf(), we need a drop in replacement.
There are a lot of them, we just have to look at the licence.

If we have to use the return value of snprintf and the snprintf isn't C99 compliant, we'll need a wrapper function to do it right.

And of course: Patches welcome for s:w/sprintf/snprintf/ in the tree.

leo

[1] for Win32 _snprintf is tested