Nicholas Clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>     mem_sys_free(pio_registered_layers);

Ah, yep.

>    AWOOGA! AWOOGA! GLOBAL VARIABLE. NOT IN AN INTERPRETER STRUCTURE.

> And I'm not sure what the correct fix is. But it sure ain't threadsafe
> currently.

Interpreter (thread) destruction is done by aquiring the
C<interpreter_array_mutex>. C<pio_registered_layers> should of course be
freed only for the last interpreter that is that one w/o
C<interpreter->parent_interpreter>. The current fix is a bit too
complicated but ok.

But the first thing to solve is: should the IO subsystem be shared for
threads or separate. See another post WRT Cygwin thread problems.

> Nicholas Clark

leo