Leopold Toetsch wrote:

- I've started the AST interface, the "unimplemented" is not quite true.
  Just compiling an AST string isn't supported. But compiling an AST
  source file (e.g. ast/hello.past) basically works.

What command does one use to compile ast/hello.past?

- Needs a lot more tests. Is there a low-level Python test suite around
  that is able to "bootstrap" the unit-tests?

I'd like to use the following tests to guide development:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/python/python/dist/src/Lib/test/

Any help is very welcome.

First step is to sort through the debris in order to identify what codebase is most likely to attract a sustainable community of developers.

- Sam Ruby