Dan Sugalski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Next I want to add in the op variants:

>     $Px = find_global [key; key]
>     $Px = find_global $Px, [key; key]
>     $Px = find_global $Py, 'name'

I've already proposed some time ago that these variants of namespace
manipulation aren't really necessary. I think that we would just need
one more opcode:

  $Px = get_namespace

All other variants of accessing items, setting, overlaying or whatever
can be done then with keyed opcodes on that namespace PMC.

And given that we want to tie the namepspace, we need a distinct
namespace PMC type.

> So, basically, a sub doesn't have a single namespace tree -- it has a
> list of trees, and we search that list for each lookup, and we store
> into the first tree in the list on store.

Is that "list of trees" only the top-level node or can any node be a
list of trees?

leo