On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 05:47:55PM +0200, Leopold Toetsch wrote:
> classes/*.c is created by the bytecode compiler classes/pmc2c2.pl. Most
> of the actual code is in lib/Parrot/Pmc2c.pm.
>
> The created C code could need some improvements:

Can I add a fourth - one I said to Dan I intended to do, but so far haven't
managed:

* The created C code could benefit from #line directives to track where
  C code came from the input .pmc file, so that compiler errors are reported
  for the original .pmc file. Perl 5's xsubpp does this well, using #line
  directives to switch between foo.c and foo.xs, depending on whether that
  section of code was human written, or autogenerated. It makes things much
  easier while developing.

Of course, I may find time to do this before anyone else does, but anyone
is welcome to beat me to it.

Nicholas Clark