At 6:16 PM +0100 11/2/04, Leopold Toetsch wrote:
Dan Sugalski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Okay, here's a question for everyone to hash out.

 Assuming I have a parrot string which is explicitly marked as a
 binary string...

 What should happen when it's told to upcase/downcase/titlecase
 itself?

If it's pure binary pitch a fit. If it has an encoding attached, continue,

Yeah, that's the plan.

I'd like to add another entry to the internal API:

  OPTIONAL_INTERNAL_EXCEPTION

which works like INTERNAL_EXCEPTION only it checks first to see if the exception should get thrown before throwing it. If the exception's throwable, it gets thrown, otherwise things continue on.

I'd say lets alter the current internal_exception code, except everything that uses it expects them to be fully fatal exceptions and if we continued, well... I expect the result would be bad.
--
Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk