At 11:08 PM -0800 11/2/04, Jeff Clites wrote:
On Nov 2, 2004, at 7:10 PM, Matt Diephouse wrote:

Joshua Gatcomb and I have been working a little under a week to set up
an automated build system for parrot that tracks performance (with
help from Dan's box). We have collected benchmark data for regular and
optimized builds with and without JIT from June 1st through October.

With some help from Perl and GD, we've up several pages of graphs:

  http://www.sidhe.org/~timeparrot/graphs/

Both the build process and the creation of the graphs will (hopefully)
be run daily (automated). There are plans to do some other things with
the data as well (some notification scripts).

Very cool. A useful thing to do would be to preserve all of the builds, so that newly-created benchmarks could be back-filled. (That way, if we realize that we've not been effectively testing something, we can devise an appropriate benchmark, and evaluate the consequences of past design changes against it.)

That's doable through the joys of timestamped CVS checkouts. (Which is how the graphs were built in the first place) Granted, it hammers the build machine, but... :)
--
Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk