Joshua Gatcomb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If you would like to see any of these ideas
> implemented, or you have some of your own - please
> respond to this on the list.

I've amother one. Parrot has some internal settings and tweakable magic
constants, mainly all inside the garbage collector. It would be great,
if some of these settings could be compared.

E.g.

  # bench.config

  [ "Default" ]       # label for config section / graph

  [ "IMS GC" ]        # incremental M&S GC

  # file                         # subst to turn config on
  include/parrot/settings.h      s/(PARROT_GC_MS)\s+1/$1  0/

  # next setting, either based on previous or on default

Now instead of an overlay graph of unoptimized/optimized/non-JIT/JIT
(which isn't utterly useful) I'd like to see a comparison of the given
configurations, optimized build only.

WRT parrot run-options: there is a "-Ot" switch, which should enable the
fastest runtime options available on that machine.

> Cheers
> Joshua Gatcomb

leo