I also have a follow-up question:

Another real world constraint is that sometimes by the time the client
approves the quote, I'm involved in another project and it works better
logistically to have another programmer complete the task (or help with
it).

Since programmers are not "plug and play units", we have different
levels of efficiency.

What, if anything, do you to do address this in estimates? Perhaps you
feel there's generally "programmer parity" and don't worry so much about
this.

I, for one, know I can feel uneasy if I have to work on a budget for
programming work that I didn't contribute to myself.

        Mark

   Mark Stosberg            Principal Developer
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]     Summersault, LLC
   765-939-9301 ext 202     database driven websites
 . . . . . http://www.summersault.com/ . . . . . . . .