Miroslav Silovic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The problem with copying GC is that pointers can change under your feet
> at every opportunity.

Basically yes. We have that problem currently with the copying
collection of strings. Normally this is solved by keeping the old object
in place, so that pointer stores into the object don't fail. And a write
barrier redirects the desired action to the new object location with a
forward pointer.

> However, for the problem at hand - namely, littering during function
> calls, custom deallocator (that'd be chunks) could be enough.

Yes. As said, there are several issues, and we've to address one by one.

>     Miro

leo