Jeff Bisbee wrote:

My
guess is that you need to add -I to your prove command to use the newer
version from the tarball and not your installed version

    prove -Ilib -v t/*

Absolutely correct. The installed version (detected using your 'pmpath' script mentioned in another recent thread) was 1.07. The tarball downloaded from CPAN was 1.10. 1.10 passed all its tests, thereby generating the same results as 'make test'.

I'm also curious how other folks run coverage, update modules
and rerun coverage.  I've created this alias (I've seperated the misc
commands on seperate lines.

    covertest="
        make clean;
        rm Makefile.old;
        perl Makefile.pl;
        make;
        cover -delete;
        HARNESS_PERL_SWITCHES=-MDevel::Cover make test;
        cover;
        open cover_db/coverage.html"

Hah! You beat me to it by 24 hours. That was on my TODO list for this weekend!

Jim Keenan