At 10:03 AM +0100 11/19/04, Miroslav Silovic wrote:
Dan Sugalski wrote:

It's also important for people writing these things to take into account the possibility that their exit actions may potentially be triggered multiple times, courtesy of the joys of continuations.

Hmm, the first thing to take into the account is that return continuations can be promoted to the fully blown continuations. This should affect the handlers in the same way - so exception handlers could have become arbitrary invokable objects at the point when the exception is thrown.

I'd rather not, if we can avoid it. Assumptions on control flow and such are likely to be very different, and I can't think of a good reason to treat an error handler as a normal sub. (If you have one then we can think on it some)
--
Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk