Gabe Schaffer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I think that maybe what we need is a MUTEX, a CONDITION, and a
> QUEUE_CONDITION. The QUEUE_CONDITION would always contain a mutex and
> a condition, while the CONDITION would have a c,m for POSIX and just c
> for Win32.

Currently we have COND only for the task queues. But if we need
conditions in other places, QUEUE_CONDITION is misleading.
So the current set of macros for existing stuff is ok?

> Also, note that with Win32 conditions you must indicate at creation
> time whether you want to Signal or Broadcast. Emulating POSIX
> semantics on Win32 are tricky, and it's probably overkill for these
> purposes.

Yeah. I've looked at some emulation libraries. And right, we don't need
the emulation, we just need an equivalent functionality.

I'd say: just give it a try. Where semantics don't fit, we can either
abstract the inferface or put a few #ifdefs in place, which, given the
big differences in events/threads/process philosophy, should be ok, if
they don't clutter the source too much.

> GNS

leo