John Siracusa writes:
> I guess I wasn't asking if it would be "possible" (I think that's been
> established), but if it would be "easy", "reasonable", or "clean" (as
> it appears to be in Python, although I'm just going by what the quoted
> web page says).  I recall some discussions about the "best" way to
> this in Perl 6, but don't recall if it converged on anything nice.

It converged on "the core-like way returning an anonymous object with
STORE and FETCH methods is ugly, but it should be easy to provide nice
wrappers around it."  Those nice wrappers are probably going to end up
in the standard dialect.

Perl 6 is going to be better with opacity than any other language I know
of.  We're aware that lying about what's really going on is a useful
thing to do.  So we give you the chance to be as poker-faced about your
internals as you like.

... Not that the user can't read your ass if he tries hard enough :-)

Luke