On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 23:33:24 -0700, Dan Brian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If there's a willingness to rename shift/unshift, why not consider
> going a bit further (and offend shell heritage) to note that pull/put
> aren't really linguistically opposed either (unlike push/pull). Why not
> rename pop to pull, and use something like put/take for shift/unshift?

That goes way beyond offending "shell heritage".  That actively
opposes sixty years of computer science terminology setting "push" and
"pop" in opposition.

(Well, maybe not *sixty* years, but you get the idea.)

--
Brent 'Dax' Royal-Gordon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Perl and Parrot hacker

"I might be an idiot, but not a stupid one."
    --c.l.p.misc (name omitted to protect the foolish)