Ashley Winters wrote:
On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 11:46:24 -0700, Luke Palmer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Leopold Toetsch writes:

This term came up in a recent discussion[1]. But I'd like to give this
term a second meaning.

Except what you're talking about here is premature *optimzation*. You're expecting certain forms of the opcodes to be slow (that's the pessimization part), but then you're acutally using opcodes that you think can be made faster. This is a classic Knuth example.

So the sequence of using classoffset/getattribute is a _feature_
necessary for completeness, rather than a "pessimization" to
compensate for the belief that not explicitly caching would be
hopelessly slow? Ahh. I'm learning much. :)

<citing Luke Palmer> On a semi-related note, can I get a classoffset without doing a hash lookup? That is, can I store the class number I get assigned somewhere for quick fetching?

*SCNR* - leo